Question Type - Multiple Choice (#005)
You can create a Multiple Choice (#005) question from the Create Question page. If you are familiar with our general question creating process, you can skip ahead to Step 5 and continue from there for information specific to the Multiple Choice (#005) question.
1. Name your question in the space provided and click the Save button.
2. If desired, add a stimulus to accompany the question in the space provided by clicking the Blue Pencil button and opening your Rich Text Editor. You can add text, audio, video, or images. Click the OK button upon completion. You can name this tab or you can add a new tab with an alternative stimulus by clicking the (+) button.
3. Enter the instructions and/or prompts in the space provided. If desired, change the Point value for the question.
4. Tag learning standards to your question by clicking the Tags tab. For more information about Tagging Standards, click here
. Click the Show More button to see additional options. If desired, add a Rubric, Settings, Solutions, and Hints. For more information about these options, please click here
5. Edit Answer Choices by clicking on a dotted line or clicking on a Blue Pencil. To delete an Answer Choice, click on the Red X. You can add additional Answer Choices by clicking on the +Add Choice button. To set the correct answer, click on the letter next to the correct Answer Choice. The letter will highlight in green.
6. Click on the Settings Gear to see advanced options for this question type.
- Scoring: By default, this question will be auto graded using Additive without Negation. If desired, you can choose from more advanced scoring options - All or None, Additive with Negation Auto, Independent True or False, or Make Teacher Graded. For information on scoring types, click here.
- Student view: You can checkbox the Multi-select option if you want students to choose more than one answer. You can choose to randomize the answer choice order for students. You can also enable an answer eliminator that allows students to cross out Answer Choices that they know are incorrect.
- Randomized multiple choice [math only]: You can turn your question into a dynamic, randomized question so each student sees a randomized problem. Set answer choices using a formula so the right answer is always available.
- When you are happy with your settings, click Done.
Note: Teachers sometimes like to add more than one part to a Multiple Choice question. To do this, simply click the +Add Question Part button. If you've added two parts to your Multiple Choice question and you don't want students to get a correct answer for Part B if they have answered Part A incorrectly, click the A/B icon next to the Settings Gear in Part A. The icon will highlight in green when it is enabled.
Information on Multiple Choice Scoring Options
Multiple Choice question have a variety of scoring options. These scoring options are found when you click the Gear button. Below is a brief description of each option. Additive without Negation Correct answers are scored with 1 point and distractors ...
Question Type - Select Box Response
Select Box Response #004 Description Students select the correct response from a series of choices. Multi-select is available with this question. Example Additional Samples Sample 1 Sample 2 Sample 3 Authoring Functionality Follow these ...
Create a Batch of Multiple Choice Questions
Follow these step by step instructions to create a Batch of Questions. 1. From your top navigation bar, select Content and then click Create Question. 2. Select the Student Action button, then choose the Select Answer button. Choose the Multiple ...
Select Box Response
Follow these step by step instructions to create a Select Box Response question. 1. From your top navigation bar, click on Content and then select Create Question. 2. Select the Student Action button. Click on the Select Answer button. Select the ...
How to Add Multiple Parts to a Question
You can add multiple question parts to any question on Edcite. To do this, follow the directions below. 1. When you are in the Question Editor, click the +Add Question Part button. 2. A popup box will open. Choose the type of question you would like ...