On Edcite, an Assignment is a set of questions you combine and assign to students. Questions are the individual items students will answer. This help document walks through how to create a new assignment using questions that you have either found in the Question Bank and saved to your My Questions page or questions you have created yourself. For information on how to create a new question, click here.
1. From your top navigation bar, click Assignments and then select Create Assignment.
2. Your Assignment Editor will open. Name your assignment in the space provided, select the grade(s), subject(s), freeform tag(s) appropriate to the question and click the Save button. If desired, add a description of the assignment for students.
3. To add questions to the assignment, scroll down and select either "Create New" or "Find Existing".
- Selecting "Create New" will bring up a window with Edcite's list of question types. Click on the question type you'd like to create.
- Selecting "Find Existing" will bring up a window where you can select questions from 1) your My Questions page, 2) Edcite's Question Bank, or 3) you can select a whole assignment from your My Assignments page. To add individual questions or groups of questions, checkbox them and then click "Add Selected Question(s)". To close this window, click "Close".
4. Once you've added all the questions you'll need for the assignment, you have the option to:
- Add the number of points for a question.
- Edit a question by selecting the Pencil icon.
- Duplicate a question by clicking the Copy icon.
- Delete a question by clicking the Delete icon.
- Add a section break to the assignment.
Tip: You can reorder your questions by clicking and dragging anywhere on a question and moving it to the appropriate place. You can also choose to order questions based on name or points by clicking on the white arrow in the column's header.
5. Change the view of the assignment by clicking "Select View". By default, you will be in Edit view. You change it to Student View, Print View, or Answer Key.
6. Customize your assignment's settings
by clicking the Gear button. For example, you can control retakes, choose an access window, and change student report settings. Once you've altered the settings to your liking, click the Save Changes button.
7. Once your assignment is ready, change the status from "Draft" to "Active. Click the Assign button to assign this assignment to your students.
8. If you'd like to share the assignment to Edcite's public Assignment Library for other teachers to use, click the "Share" button and follow the prompts. For Edcite Schools teachers, clicking the "Share" button will also give you the option to share the assignment to an Edcite Schools folder.