On this document, you will find information on updates to:
- Edcite, free state-aligned digital practice
- Edcite Schools, our premium school and district assessment platform
- DataHub by Edcite, our centralized data management system
Want to share a priority for you or your team or learn more about these priorities? Please email email@example.com
with "Product Priorities" in the subject. Alternatively, you can sign up here for some office hours
with Edcite Director of Products, Brian McIntosh. If you don't see a time that works for you, email firstname.lastname@example.org
to set something up.
Updates Coming Soon:
- Text-to-speech feature enhancements: tracking (the highlighting of words as they are read) will be supported (Edcite Schools only)!
- Grading page update: Toggle between takes using a dropdown menu on the Grid View.
- Partial scoring option being added to more question types.
Summer 2022 Updates
3. The rich text editor has a fresh, new look with additional shortcut options and updated image resizing.
Spring 2022 Updates
1. FREE Common Assessments Initiative: with state testing around the corner, we've added a button on the Teacher Homepage to our FREE Common Assessments Initiative
. Send students released state tests in our premium state-aligned viewer and get instant data!
2. The Pictograph Answer (#026) question type now has a setting to enable clicking on an image to add it to a pictograph.
3. On the Dot Plot Answer (#020) question type, you can now select an "X" or a "Dot" as a point indicator.
Winter 2021/2022 Updates
1. Multiple Choice (#005) scoring update: this question type can now be teacher-graded
2. Drag and Drop - Text (#021) question type now has the option for a background image to be added
3. The Question Bank now has a filter to search by question type
5. Assignment Editor update: questions can now be sorted by name or by points
6. Standards update: California teachers can now search for and tag ELA Claims and Targets
- Export a full dashboard as HTML or PDF (either one report per page or multiple per page)
- Export individual reports as PDF, HTML, or the underlying data as a CSV
1. The Assignment Library now has a “State Released Tests” filter, making it easy to search for high-quality assessments (click here
to learn more)
2. Item Analysis Report update:
report now displays data for Table CheckBox Answer (#010). Click here
to learn more about this report.
4. Custom District Data Tools: New data collection tools are now available for Edcite Schools users that want to capture additional student data, beyond what is directly captured from student work on Edcite. Click here
to learn more!
Summer 2021 Updates (Click HERE to Learn More)
1. Grading Improvements
i) New Grid View
ii) Rubric Update: Inline Rubric Grading
2. Venn Diagram (#046) Question Type Update
3. Assignment Editor Updates: New Fields
4. One Tab at a Time: Students Restricted to One Tab for Assignments
5. Student Report: Updated Settings for Hiding Correct Answers/Scores
6. New Integrations (Edcite Schools Only): Schoology and Aeries
Winter Break 2020/2021 Updates
- TTS Alignment to State Specific Viewers
- Attach Pictures of Student Work to Question
Summer 2020 Updates
- Focus Tracker
- Real Time Connect
- Improve Audio Recording / Auto Play Recorded Audio / Audio Record Type for Students
- Sectioned Assignments - choose different settings by assignment section
Winter Break 2019/2020 Updates
- Student Group Assignment Settings (Edcite Schools Only)
- Class Term Column Added - Populates from Clever (Edcite Schools Only)
- Scoring Updates to Align with State Assessments - Teacher Graded + All or Nothing Scoring Added for Multiple Question Types
- Question Bank - New Card View
- New State Assessment Viewers - Coming Soon!
September - 2020 - State-Aligned Question Bank
- Question Bank - State Aligned Items Filter
Summer Update 2019:
- New Student Interface
- New Question and Assignment Viewers
- Updated My Assignments
- Updated My Questions
09 April 2018 Update - New Features
Added Oklahoma Standards
Added South Carolina Standards
Added Multiple Choice under ACT Aspire Q type list
- New Admin Help Solutions - Mapped to specific pages
02 April 2018 Update - New Features
- Added New Jersey Standards
- Share Collection Page - Shows Follower / Following button
- Matching Item Type - removed tries allowed
26 March 2018 Update - New Features
- Get Assignment Pathway for Non-Logged In teachers to copy newly found content easily into their account
- Logging in for QL will allow students to save work
19 March 2018 Update - New Features
- Added Enhancements for Admin Sign In As Teacher or Sign In As Student
- Florida Common Assessments Initiative Launched
- Missouri Common Assessments Initiative Launched
- Item Analysis Report - Click to View Students instead of Hover
12 March 2018 Update - New Features
- Admin Activity Report - for admin and subadmins. If you'd like to try this out, email us at email@example.com
- Student Notes Available in Saved Answer History
- Updated AIR Graphing Calculator - can evaluate expressions, closer alignment to real calculator
- #062 SBAC Keypad Question Editor - Added grade level setting to customize keypad
05 March 2018 Update - New Features
- Arizona Common Assessments Landing Page
- Massachusetts Common Assessments Landing Page
- Draw Points / Lines Question Type - student draw functionality now matches SBAC, AIR and FSA tests
- Drag and Drop (math and text) - can now put answer bank at "bottom" (below student response area)
- SBAC / AIR / FSA Viewer - added context menu to match viewer on state assessment
- Added student name and rosterid to Teacher Standards Report
26 February 2018 Update - New Features
- SBAC Viewer - Updated to match recent SBAC changes
- No Class Specified Option - for Edcite Schools teacher managing students without roster access
19 February 2018 Update - New Features
- Updated Alert Message to new look
- Teacher Reports Hub - District Distributed: Item Analysis Report and Standards Growth Report Added
- Essay Response #100 - Option to restrict the characters in student response
- New Admin Assignment Editor
12 February 2018 Update - New Features
- Added Georgia State Standards
- Questar Viewer - Limited Release (for feedback)
- Essay Type Viewer Now Supports all Rich Text Editing Options
- New Admin Assignment Editor
5 February 2018 Update - New Features
- Assignment Dashboard - If more than 20 students, question numbers will show at bottom (Shout out to Dave Limbaugh in OH for this suggestion!)
- Super Bowl Landing Page
- Class Names show up when you hover over the abbreviated class name on home page and class dashboard - good for longer class names from Clever
- Item Analysis Report for OCA's - Pulls opt in data for a particular common assessment. Available on OCA Reports Page.
- OCA Summary Report - Shows teacher's own students' data AND aggregate opt in data for that particular common assignment.
- DRC Viewer - Available in Edcite Schools
- Questar Viewer - Available in Edcite Schools
29 January 2018 Update - New Features
Teachers can restore answers from Saved Student Work and Regrade using the restored answer
- [ES Only] Teacher Authorization Form - Individual Teacher Setup. Fills out with teacher's own restrictions
22 January 2018 Update - New Features
Added Mississippi State Standards
- Quick Link Page for Students - Updated look and feel to encourage students to login
- Teachers and Sub-Admin with ALL Distribution folder access will be able to access distributions that are not in folders
- New Sign In with Google button on Login page
- Common Assessments Page for Teachers - Teacher Assigned - Assign button will open most recent copy of assignment instead of generating a new copy. New copies can still be made from My Assignments page.
- AIR Viewer - Paginated stimulus
16 January 2018 Update - New Features
AIR Viewer Look Updated with new Numbering and Top Design (Pagination coming soon!)
AIR Graphing Calculator is Available with AIR Viewer
Updated OH Standard Codes
Anonymous Quick Link Student Work - Saved on Grading Page
8 January 2018 Update - New Features
User Management Data Structure Updated to allow admin account to manage user access and set up new sub admins
Sub Admin will be able to access pages that they are given access to instead of getting full access by default
26 Dec 2017 Update - New Features
Assignment Library available from assignment editor
18 Dec 2017 Update - New Features
TN State Standards Added (Math, ELA, Science, Social Studies)
Assignment Editor - Add Questions now allows selection across pages of questions on My Questions and Questions Library
Question Editors - Warning about formatting if large amount of formatted text is pasted into question editor. If you see this warning, we recommend clearing the formatting and reformatting the text in Edcite's text editor.
Question Editors - Add Question Part now shows a full listing of question types so any question type can be added as a part B.
Rubric Report - Added a table of data at the bottom to show individual student scores by column
Cost of Edcite
All the features and functionality you see today on Edcite will always be free for teachers and students. We are committed to keeping edcite.com free forever. We encourage teachers to take advantage of this free platform in their classrooms. At ...
Dynamic Report [Edcite Schools Feature]
This feature is available as part of our premium platform, Edcite Schools. To learn more about Edcite Schools, click here. Follow these step by step instruction to access the Dynamic Report. 1. From the top navigation bar in your admin account, ...
Admins/Sub Admins - Creating Edcite Schools Folders [Edcite Schools Feature]
This feature is available as part of our premium platform, Edcite Schools. To learn more about Edcite Schools, click here. Admins and Sub Admins can create new Edcite Schools Folders from the Admin side of their account. Edcite Schools Folders can be ...
Sharing Content into Edcite Schools Folders for Teachers [Edcite Schools Feature]
This feature is available as part of our premium platform, Edcite Schools. To learn more about Edcite Schools, click here. If you have an Edcite Schools account, you will also have access to Shared Folders (similar to Google Drive or OneDrive) in the ...
Administrator Account Settings [Edcite Schools Feature]
This feature is available as part of our premium platform, Edcite Schools. To learn more about Edcite Schools, click here. Follow these step by step instructions to set up your Edcite Schools Account Settings. 1. Login to your Edcite Schools account. ...